To select the right project option (the best technical solution for the need), and to pre-assess
the suitability of the project as a potential PPP so as to avoid sinking resources unnecessarily
into the full assessment and preparation of unworthy projects.
• Identify/select project solution out of a number of options;
• Scoping the project;
• Assessing the project economics (including a socio-economic assessment by
CBA in some countries) and prioritizing the most worthwhile projects, if needed;
• Screening the project as a potential PPP; and
• Prepare the project governance for the preparation process through tender
launch, including developing a project management plan and defining the project
4. Module-4: Appraising PPP Project
To assess whether the project and PPP project contract is feasible in order to mitigate the risk
of project failure during tender or during the contract life of the project, and to further
advance its preparation as a PPP.