To proactively manage the contract so as to avoid or minimize the impact of risks and threats (in this case, during the Construction Phase) associated with changes, claims and disputes. In this phase, it is especially important to monitor compliance with construction requirements.
· Establishing governance and a contract management team;
· Establishing and executing contract administration — including the
development of a contract management manual (initially focused on
the Construction Phase);
· Oversight and managing site handover, permits and design;
· Monitoring private party’s compliance and performance during
· Managing delays;
· Managing communication and stakeholders;
· Managing changes (due to change orders proposed by government
or suggested by the private partner), claims (due to retained or
shared risk events), and disputes;
· Administrating payments during construction in co-financed projects;
· Commissioning/acceptance and start of operations.